Sign up and start the ball rollin' with online fundraising! It's an easy way to raise much needed funds with the help of friends and family, near and far! Best of all, you'll receive one ballot for every $50 raised for the chance to win a $500 gift card to the store of your choice!START USING ONLINE FUNDRAISING
This year's event is now VIRTUAL! You decide HOW, WHEN and WHERE you Bowl. Register a team or bowl solo anytime between September 16 - 30. Then join us on October 7 to celebrate.CHECK OUT EVENT INFO
Bowl for Kids Sake ….. VIRTUAL!
2020 has been a year like no other. For the first time in 45 years, Bowl for Kids Sake is going VIRTUAL! To follow public health guidelines, we’ve adapted our signature event that was scheduled for May, to bring the fun to you!
From September 16th to 30th we’re asking you to decide WHEN & HOW you Bowl to support kids right here in our community. We all know BFKS is not about the bowling-it’s about the kids. This year’s event looks different, but the need in our community hasn’t changed. Now more than ever, our impact is relevant and our mission is urgent. For the Littles and families in our program, the trusting, personal relationships they have with their Bigs continue to be vital. So at Big Brothers Big Sisters, we commit to providing critical resources, offering support, and ensuring the well-being of our entire BBBS family.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
1) REGISTER – Get a team together with your friends, family or colleagues or you can even bowl solo. Register by setting up a fundraising page or team in our online platform. This has built-in tools to ask for donations via social media, email, or text. The average donation people give is $20, and every dollar can make a BIG IMPACT for our Littles.
2) GET CREATIVE – Bowl from your home, backyard, workplace or anywhere you choose! Use a plastic bowling set, have a game of ‘Wii Bowling’ or play our online bowl game (click here for link). Get creative and plan what household items you can use for your own bowling alley (pop cans, water bottles, dominos, etc). You can even setup on Zoom with your team and bowl together!
3) PROVE IT – when you bowl, take a picture or short video of yourself playing your bowling game. If you play our online game or use an electronic game, screenshot your score and send that to us for the chance to win a prize!
4) TAG US ON SOCIAL MEDIA – you’ll find our agency (BBBS of Eastern NL) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We’d love for you to post your pictures and videos and tag us. If you’re not on social media, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share it for you.
5) SELL RAFFLE TICKETS – we still have tickets available for the BFKS Raffle that will be drawn on October 8, 2020. Each $5 ticket gives the chance to win 3 great prizes! To get tickets and find out more contact Melissa for details.
6) WIN PRIZES– everyone likes to win a prize, right? Well this year, if you raise $75 you will get a BFKS t-shirt! There will be a ton of gift card draws throughout the event as well as prizes for the top fundraiser, top score and much more! And maybe you’ll see a modified online version of our famous PLINKO game with a twist!
So start the ball rollin’ and help STRIKE it BIG for awesome kids!
Bowl for Kids Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ premier fun-raising event where people like you get together with friends, family, and co-workers and have a fun time bowling in support of Big Brother Big Sister mentoring programs in metro St. John’s.
WHY BOWL FOR KIDS SAKE?
All children need support and encouragement from caring adults to help ignite their potential. We connect young people with carefully selected mentors that result in friendships. These relationships ensure outcomes like resilience, improved school achievement, confidence and strength to make positive life choices. Last year over 515 young people were matched with a mentor right here in our community.
What does raising money during Bowl for Kids Sake accomplish?
Families reach out to Big Brothers Big Sisters in ever-growing numbers for support, and our ability to help them relies on our fundraising success. Creating a new match between a volunteer and child has an annual cost of $1,200. YOU and your team can become a MatchMaker. Aim to raise $1,200 and help invest in the creation of a new match relationship. Every dollar raised helps us help kids!