BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS BIG IGNITERS
The Big Brothers Big Sisters Big Igniters is a passionate group of individuals from an array of backgrounds who volunteer their time to support the mandate of the organization while building connections and having fun along the way.
Meeting monthly over some pizza, the committee supports the agency in three key ways:
- By developing funds for programming through the execution of 2 marquee events each year.
- Driving brand awareness of Big Brothers Big Sisters through supporting the agencies marketing and promotional strategy.
- Leveraging person and professional networks to aid in in the recruitment of volunteers and mentors needed for programming as well as for other agency fundraising events.
Each year we seek 8-12 individuals from an array of backgrounds to formulate the committee. As a member, your commitment would include:
- Attending at least 70% of the monthly meetings
- Assist in the planning & execution of two Big Igniters led events each year
- Attend the two Big Igniters led events
- Be comfortable spreading the word within your personal and professional networks about Big Brothers Big Sisters, their events and the amazing work they do in the community
- Have a passion for building a brighter future for the next generation
Sound interesting? Review the full terms of reference and then head over to our brief application and take the first step!
The 2022 Committee Members:
Chris Dunne, Director of Agency Development, Idea Factory
Robyn Budgell, Marketing Manager, Cal Legrow
Taylor Power, Client Success Manager, Idea Factory
Nicole Furey, Social Worker, Eastern Health
Laura Marshall, Mental Health, RNC Crisis Unit
Dana Brewer, Enterprise Sales Development, Ada
Matthew Bailote, Payroll Manager, Eastern Health
Nadaira Walsh, Information & Privacy Coordinator, Gov NL
Antonia Francis, Master Student, Memorial University
Courtney Rowsell, Manager, TaskforceNL
Kristina Kearney, Director, WORKFORCE by Avara